To provide livelihood opportunities to the Persons with Differently Abled and to enhance their income through establishing Industries, Service, Business and Agricultural & Allied Activities etc., and there by to enable them to lead normal life in the society.
Definitions of Differently Abled and Person with Differently Abled (PwD) :
Definitions of Differently Abled and Person with Differently Abled (PwD) and Categories for the purpose of the scheme shall be as stipulated in the G.O.Ms.No.31, Department for Women, Children, Differently Abled & Senior Citizens (DW) Dt.01.12.2009 with its amendments/modifications from time to time read with the Persons with Differently Abled Act, 1995 and the National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Differently Abled Act,1999.
- A person who was certified as Person with Differently Abled by the Medical Board in accordance with the G.O.Ms. No.31, Department for Women, Children, Differently Abled & Senior Citizens (DW), dt.01.12.2009.
- Age between 18 and 60 years.
- Annual income of family should not exceed Rs.1,00,000/-
- The candidates should not have availed subsidy previously from Differently Abled Welfare Department or any other department or any Government Agency.
Pattern of assistance:
The financial assistance by way of subsidy would be linked to the credit component of Bank. The pattern of assistance will be:
- A subsidy of 50% of total unit cost, but not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/-.
- The remaining unit cost as Bank loan (Bank loan should be not less than 50% of the unit cost).
- Service area credit plan:
The Assistant Director, Welfare of Differently Abled & Senior Citizens shall prepare the District Annual Action Plan and incorporate in the Service Area Credit Plan with the approval of the District Collector and Chairman, District Consultative Committee of Bankers.
Process and Sanction :
- The application forms shall be made available in the Office of the Assistant Director, Welfare of Differently Abled & Senior Citizens /Mandal Parishad Development Officer/Municipal Commissioner to the Persons with Differently Abled and is enclosed in Annexure. The Director, Welfare of Differently Abled and Senior Citizens shall be authorized to modify the application if required from time to time.
- The Persons with Differently Abled shall apply in the prescribed form at in full shape either to the concerned Mandal Parishad Development Officer /Municipal Commissioner or Assistant Director, Welfare of Differently Abled and Senior Citizens in duplicate along with the following enclosures (Self attested copies):
- Differently Abled Certificate issued by the District Medical Board through SADAREM.
- Recent Income Certificate issued by Tahsildhar.
- Residential Certificate issued by Tahsildhars/Residential Proof (Ration Card/Aadhaar Card/ EPIC Card).
- Age Proof Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Certificates of Educational qualifications, Trainings etc., if any
- Three latest Passport size photos.
- Legal Guardian Certificate, if any.
- The applications which are received directly by the Assistant Director shall be forwarded to the concerned MPDO/Municipal Commissioner immediately.
- Documentation shall be done by the MPDO/Municipal Commissioner along with enclosures and bank consent from the concerned bank etc. for release of subsidy.
- The MPDO/Municipal Commissioner after obtaining the Bank Consent shall forward the application in full shape along with verification report of the relevant certificates to the Assistant Director, Welfare of Differently Abled & Senior Citizens for sanction of subsidy.
- On receipt of the proposals in full shape from MPDO/Municipal Commissioner, the Assistant Director after thorough scrutiny with reference to the guidelines and other relevant rules shall process the proposals for sanction of subsidy to the District Collector subject to the availability of budget.
- The candidates who are possessing technical qualifications and / or having considerable experience in the relevant activity may be preferred.
- The Collector & District Magistrate shall be the sanctioning authority.
- Soon after sanction of the subsidy, the Assistant Director should ensure updating the same in the SADAREM web site.
- The copies of sanction order of the subsidy shall be sent to the concerned Banker, MPDO/Municipal Commissioner, and applicant immediately.
- The subsidy shall be released to the concerned Banker for grounding of the unit. Under any circumstances the subsidy should not be released to the individual.
- If the application for sanctions of subsidy is rejected, the reasons thereof shall be intimated to the applicant by the Assistant Director, Welfare of Differently Abled & Senior Citizens.
- The financial assistance shall be extended in the case of Mentally Retarded persons through the legal guardian.